PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dodgy or legit?
Thread: Dodgy or legit?
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2017, 22:36
Good Business Sense

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Pittsextra
GBS - In the race to tell me what a nob I am you've missed the point I was making.

Where is the commercial pressure when the only outcome of any flight is the mere part reimbursement of your costs. I'm stood at the airfield with my 1972 PA28 checklist in hand and all keen and eager to fly.... Weather looks a bit grim and I'd rather not fly but you are suggesting Gordon Gekko is going to rock up and rip me a new one unless I go? And all for for what..? £100? OK.

Have a word with yourself will you. Heli in town was a result of a pilot wanting to do a nice job for a guy with the possibility to trade to a biz jet job.. yes commercial pressure. the 139 in Norfolk the pax was the employer.. yes commercial pressure. Snotter spam can, hundred quid for fuel and a bacon sandwich is hardly the same. Well not in most people's world.
So you're not a commercial pilot, just some one with an opinion who has never been involved with paying "customers" but still state
Where is the commercial pressure when the only outcome of any flight is the mere part reimbursement of your costs.
So commercial pressure affects experienced, professional pilots but you know, despite any experience, that it would not be a problem for you - therein lies one of the the problems with PPLs flying paying customers.

Jonzarno, it's pretty obvious you have not really read the Wingly website nor taken in much of the thread and continue to justify your decisions by stating the same irrelevant stuff - having read that the French are now stamping down on the practices (and changing the law and restricting the use of wingly etc) your justifications on how it works look hollow.