PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What a Way to Go — 1950’s Style
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2017, 22:05
wub

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by wiggy
wub

Personally that was indeed the case for many years but we now seem to play a hotel version of musical chairs, though we have always been pretty much in line of line of sight and a very short walk from the old NAAFI building.

Look forward to India Four Two pics, I've just looked at what I've got from trips over the years and I've got a few taken from outside the place.......but with my back to it...looking across the road at Raffles front door!!!!

As India has also said the club is now dwarfed by a high rise development - though at least it looks like somebody (presumably the developer) has decided to keep old club intact and in a very good state of repair. I suspect in some countries it would have been bulldozed flat by now. Must go and have a closer look next time I'm in "town".
I'll be there in October and will make sure when I leave Raffles I'll have a good look across the road instead of looking back at Raffles. Looking forward to India Four Two pics. I do have photos of the building but didn't recognise it. As I said, astonishing.