PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unintended 457 consequences could ground airlines
Old 30th Apr 2017, 13:38
Ultralights

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Raptor090
With all due respect. Why do you assume every pilot wants to be an airline pilot? I'm GA for life, yet getting anyone to believe that is a struggle in itself, and pilots like myself are placed in the same basket.

I'd be happy flying a SE turbine for life if the pay and conditions were enough to at least make ends meet, and the endorsement to go with it.

As an employer, surely you'd be happy to pay for some initial training if you had a guy/girl who loves being in GA and could potentially give you years, or decades of loyal service. Surely that has to be more economical?
same issue i have, something i still cant fathom, is being told by REX airlines, that i have to much experience.. WTF?
flying a commuter twin like the SAAB is the top of the tree i want to get to. not interested in the airline lifestyle.

Something like Sydney seaplanes would be perfect, could easily see my flying days out with that gig for the next few decades...

but, no, no one will invest in training, and as someone mentioned earlier, it apears to be more than an aviation thing.. seen any TAFE students lately?