PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 6
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 6
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2017, 06:38
JF57

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cheesebag
To be fair the Cancelled EK has caused me a lot of ball ache, Coming back from Mauritius in October I now have a 9 hour layover in DXB rather than 2. Would probably have gone from MAN if I had known this in advance.
We have ended up with a 6.5 hours transit in Dubai up from 2.5 hours. Rang Emirates and they said if transit was over 8 hours they would offer a hotel room. I was only asking for a lounge but nothing doing as below the 8 hour threshold! Might be worth you ringing them.

We changed outbound flight to the evening before - Emirates had put us on the lunchtime flight out without asking. Did this through Thomas Cook free of charge. Complete holiday is booked through them.

We had no notification from anyone. I spotted the problem in this and another forum.

Emirates did not email me as flights not yet ticketed, they said. Thomas Cook say they have not had an email from Emirates although Emirates insist that one will have been sent but they offered no proof just said it is not possible that an email has not been sent.