PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dodgy or legit?
Thread: Dodgy or legit?
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2017, 09:18
tobster911

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some things on Wingly, I admit, are a little bit tenuous (possibly not the right word)...

I've just seen this flight request:
Not sure about this as it's my first time but if possible, 4 people or 2, 4 @ max 460kg or 2 @ 230kg Midlands area to Munich area, last 2 weeks of September quote and additionally a quote for same journey but last two weeks of April 2018. Best route possible

This is asking for two quotes for a flight, and that isn't what Wingly is to be used for. However, I believe the majority of the flight requests are OK.

For example,
Flight for one requested with one carry on hold-all (less than 95kg together) from Manchester to anywhere in Kent, as close as possible to the Tonbridge area, ideally Laddingford Aerodome. Departing any time on either the Sunday 7th May or Monday 8th May. Many Thanks!

Now, as a pilot, I may not have any planned flights coming up, and I don't particularly want to post a flight on Wingly as I have nowhere to go, but I do have family in Kent, and I live in Manchester. Now that I've seen that someone else wants to go, maybe I could plan a trip to see my family, and take this person along too as they're willing to split costs. Makes perfect sense.