PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dodgy or legit?
Thread: Dodgy or legit?
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2017, 16:09
JumpJumpJump

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CessnaSteven
Why though? Wingly seems like a great idea with more people flying schools will be able to rent out their planes more. More people will want to sign up to flight schools and they were brought in to their schools indirectly by Wingly. Groups who own the plane will see this as a good way to get a usage rate of a plane and more people will be able to own a plane if the cost of flying can be brought down
Because flight schools already make money from selling trial lessons and experience flights, which help them to run at absolutely pisspoor margins so that they can offer competitive hour building rates and packages to their students and members. The conversion rate from an experience flight generated by a voucher is absolutely awful, you are seriously looking at about 1 in 1000 or worse.

Group owners don;t neccesarily want to get maximum usage out of the aircraft, they just want the aircraft up in the air now and again and that all members pay their fair share, infact there are sometimes when groups want the aircraft to fly less, especially when an engine overhaul is coming up and it is getting close to december and the kitty is looking a little bleak.

May I ask your age and experience? I don't hold that against you, but it may help me pitch this conversation a little better.