PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dodgy or legit?
Thread: Dodgy or legit?
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2017, 09:32
tobster911

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sure the old and not bold pilots here will probably be able to deal with but the less mature, less experienced PPL????
To some extent, I do kind of agree, but I think this is underestimating many young pilots out there. I know that I wouldn't offer certain flights (even if the weather was impeccable), purely because I know my limitations and what I'm comfortable with. i.e, I wouldn't offer flights out if I was flying somewhere new for the first time etc.

I also believe that many of us are capable of making command decisions, and sticking to them. At the end of the day, someone I'd never met before is very, very, very unlikely to be able to influence a decision I made (when I say unlikely, if they threatened me or something, then perhaps I'd be persuaded - as most would, but any other reason, my decision is final). If I say no, what is the worst that will happen, they'll have a rant at me, perhaps? I'll simply get in my car and Foxtrot Oscar, never see them again and put it in the past.

I appreciate there will be some young pilots out there who don't have my strong will, but I firmly believe the majority do.