PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - 4
Thread: EasyJet - 4
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2017, 09:31
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The government already announced another loan to be given to Alitalia and it will never stop.

>20 years ago, during the attempted and obviously failed restructuring of Alitalia, the Italian tax-payer was mightily p'd off at the extravagance of tax-payer spending on a lost cause, a real basket case. When you asked anyone from the ground duties departments of Alitalia what their job was, they used to say tug driver or engineer, or.... No, "what is your real job?" So many had 2 jobs because they had so much spare time. I knew senior pursers on old contracts who were paid more than middling senior F/O's on the new Team contracts, and doing less hours.
Management were helpless or useless; you choose. Regarding government loans: I think they only way Brussels will allow that is if they leave EU. I think the fate of Alitalia will be sealed before that happens. Any loans would be screamed at by their competitors. The Etihad life-line was treated with arrogance. The Meditarranean large national airlines seem about to become extinct. Olympic & Iberia have caved in: what's to stop Alitalia making it a trio?