PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dodgy or legit?
Thread: Dodgy or legit?
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2017, 09:23
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
what's the difference between offering a flight on Wingly and advertising a spare seat in the thread on this forum?
Big difference, IMHO..

If you offer a seat on this forum I'd think anyone replying would be to some extent an "aviation person", total or other wise, and be aware of weather limitations, what is practical, what is not, and because of that are probably not going to "kick off" if the agreed flight doesn't happen.

OTOH if you stick the same offer out on an App that goes out to the whole world you are now "advertising" to all an sundry, many of whom who certainly won't know and won't be interested in VFR, icing etc, but they will know that you're "agreed" to take them flying ( and perhaps in their minds you have "agreed" to get them somewhere).

Good Business sense make a very valid point about "pax pressure" (and also about people not reading T&Cs), and having interacted with paying pax during delays to scheduled ops I wouldn't always rely on their sense of self preservation kicking in and somehow turning them into reasonable individuals if they've got a meeting/wedding to get to. I'm sure the old and not bold pilots here will probably be able to deal with it but the less mature, less experienced PPL????

Last edited by wiggy; 27th Apr 2017 at 10:58.