PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airport drop off fees
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2017, 07:01
ATNotts

Received 292 Likes on 163 Posts
Originally Posted by bingofuel
I have just read the following on the BBC website regarding Glasgow airport joining the list of UK airport operators profiteering with their unique status.

Do others agree with me that this is a blatant rip off by Glasgow airport charging drivers to come to the airport to drop off or collect the airport customers? I wonder how the airport would cope if all passengers decided to use the 'free drop off point' and then used the car park shuttle bus to get to the terminal. I suspect it would cause chaos.

Is this a UK thing or is it widespread througout the world? Maybe airports should be operated by the State and then private Companies could build and operate the terminals and see which of them can attract the airlines and customers by providing the best service to the consumer?
Lucky Glasgow airport users! At EMA it's also £2.00 for 10 minutes, then some extortionate rate per minute over that, with no free alternative.

Is it a UK thing? I don't know, but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if it were, we do, after all live in "rip off Britain"!

Perhaps this thread ought to move to SLF?