PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF - 2
Thread: CARDIFF - 2
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2017, 16:03
caaardiff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are no subsidies for this route.
I know no more than what is in the public domain regarding this specific route at the moment, it's a piece of theory/speculation.

I also know a lot more about the Cardiff Airport core catchment and Long-Haul catchment area (Yes, they are different) than what i can openly write about on a public forum, so it's not in your interests to challenge me on that. Same goes for the entirety of the Cardiff City Region.
On the fence here. It's great for CWL and questionable for BRS.
I think the point that is trying to be made is that if you're going to say things like this on an open forum, follow it up with facts and sources or don't say it at all.

787 shouldn't be a problem from BRS given the TOM routes. The A321neo from what i'm reading elsewhere needs over 7000ft of runway at MTOW. BRS is just under 6600ft so would potentially have weight restrictions. I know for a fact (from speaking to Pilots) that the standard A321's can have issues on departing from BRS in certain conditions and operational scenarios

so can the usual mass complainants stop moaning, live with it and crawl back under your holes. Thank you.
Take it for what it is, it's happening. Live with it, move on. Cheers !
Comments like that are really not needed, bordering childish. Given all the route announcements BRS has gained over the years, I rarely, if ever, have seen similar comments made towards CWL. This isn't a playground.
There will be some disappointed and annoyed people questioning why not BRS, but so far there's no solid answers to those questions as details are still quite sketchy.
IF, and it's a big IF, it's supported by the WG, then I would look at it as a wise investment, not just for CWL but for the Welsh economy as a whole.