PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND 5
Thread: SOUTHEND 5
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2017, 11:18
Harry Wayfarers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi folks! I have sat and read the list of messages recently, a little bemused, a smirk on my face, but until now stayed unopinionated. Not wishing to get too depressed about the patch of weeds that used to be outside the terminal to attract butterflies and insects (we have 300 yards of this stuff standing 2 feet high around the Luxembourg terminal), it's the subject of Southend's future which interests me most, and of course nobody knows the true answer. What I do know is that on the north side of the old apron construction work is taking place to provide 5 parking bays for A320 size aircraft. The target is to attract Wizzair and more Easyjet operations. Yes, it's a wait and see what happens for next year, but at least Stobarts seem to be planning ahead to have more parking for airliners. As to the amount of movements per hour, I am not sure how this would be accurately calculated considering the runway and taxiways layout. For sure, the airport is VERY under utilised for most of the day at present. As for EZY moving up to 20 aircraft into SEN; I just cannot see why a major airline should do such a thing whilst SEN will always have the same length runway and only CAT1 ILS. A lot depends how the new Stobart/FlyBe flights sell during the first 12 months of operation, or indeed if they make a good profit. As for the pile of rubbish dumped near the new tower; yes it must and will be moved eventually.
Don't take it personally tophat, from me, certainly, it is all tongue in cheek humour.

P.S. When I lived in Luxembourg I never did find their domestic departures area ... where is it again?