PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair for experienced pilot
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2017, 10:38
samca

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iīm agree with 70% you wrote here.

Command upgrade quick... umm not totally agree I tried to prepare any single recurrent hard and keep studying but for the moment Iīve been almost 2 years in the company and keep waiting for the command upgrade.

Money... yes it is good compare with others LCC such us Vueling or Volotea or Iberia Express even Eurowings but from my point of view conditions should be betters.

Roster... for the moment is good 5/4 let see the summer...
Too many days 4 legs with 12 hours duty time kills you slowly. If you are so lucky of 2 sectors day base then everything change completely.

Base transfers... For me this is a weak point, there is no transparent at all. You donīt know really how they manage this. Also once you upgrade be prepare to go outside of your base for at least 1 year even 2... to a non popular base.

To be honest I would like a seniority list like Norwegian so you can manage your life (wife, children, dogs... )

I donīt know where are you guy working now but here the training is hard, specially if you have not been training as a pilot since you were a low experience pilot, like a robot, they pay lot of attention in our Sims, OPCs, LPCs, Line trainings, specially for us OCC guys coming from other companies and specially in Stansted. So if you are looking for a quick upgrade it is gonna depends of some factors you cannot manage, the first one your Base Captain, he could be a nice guy trying to help you or maybe he doesīt like your face too much and decide to retain you in the base as FO until he wants.

If you are looking to make money also it is not a good place.

If you are looking for living in Europe, it is a good choice but not probably the best.

And if you are looking for stability the answer is yes, good choice... Lot of airplanes coming and new rotes...