PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair for experienced pilot
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2017, 10:16
Sallytraffic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flyhigh is talking What's the matter? Didn't you get in back in 2009 when you were asking questions about the place?

The reasons why it's worth considering for the Op are numerous.... he's obviously got quite a few hrs, could be in the left seat pretty quick in ryr, could potentially be based near to home, money ok, straightforward operation etc etc etc.

Admittedly Ryanair are partly responsible for the way the industry is now but they are nowhere near as bad as the pay to fly bandits such as Violeta or whatever she's called, Vuelling or Air Baltic.
The real cancer of the industry are the training organisations who sell dreams to kids who shouldn't be trusted with a vacuume cleaner let alone a jet. They flood the market with individuals who can't land a job, rightly so in many cases, and then go on to use daddy's money to buy one.

If you want a straight forward job, turn up, fly the plane how they want you to, keep your head down and take the money it's alright. If you want a Gucci uniform, frappauchino and a hand job in the cruise then it's not the place to be.

In terms of getting experience there's not much better out there. T&C's not perfect by a long way but I have flown with numerous pilots who have joined from other airlines who all comment on how it is a very slick operation, how the aircraft is operated very, very conservatively and ultimately how you can turn up to work do your stuff, park it up and go home and very rarely hear anything from the company. It is still a training airline and there are many opportunities out there after spending a couple of years in the left seat here.

Ultimately and with all the expansion that is planned Ryr will need to do something to retain pilots who are leaving in droves, this summer will prove very interesting and at some point I sincerely hope management will be forced to improve the package - people have been saying this for years but it does feel a bit different this time with some big names going across to Norwegian, CSA and others.
I think it says a lot about the place when you have guys who have left to join the likes of BA straight onto 747/787 who are now returning to Ryr, unfortunately management will use this to further their case against giving us a few more quid.

I'm not management. I'm not a troll (look a bit like one) and I'm looking to get out in a couple of years to experience something different but I don't know many who regret joining even if it is just a stepping stone.

Good luck.