PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF - 2
Thread: CARDIFF - 2
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2017, 00:05
Harry Wayfarers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intresting debate re QR, time will tell whether it can see the test of time. Personally from this side of the bridge in Somerset I would chose LHR to travel to mid east and beyond
From the original Severn X'ing it is 45 minutes to CWL and 75 minutes to the M4/M25 intersection so mid-point between CWL and LHR would be somewhere around the Bath or Chippenham turn off.

I dont see any real benefits to fly from CWL,more choice of flights and routes to hub airports like DXB, DOH and others this generally means more competition which usually drives prices down
Only recently somebody asked me to check fares from Manila to Berlin, there was a service via ME, with Qatar as it happens, but the fares were much cheaper to FRA, as suggested the more competition serves to drive down prices.

When I emigrated from UK some 5.5 years ago, having just sold my house beside CWL, I checked fares from CWL and KLM were charging extortionate fares, as suggested little or no competition on the route(s) from CWL, I hate LHR with a vengeance but CWL simply couldn't compete on fares and I ultimately travelled with Cathay Pacific ex LHR.