PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF - 2
Thread: CARDIFF - 2
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2017, 20:13
HarrytheDog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intresting debate re QR, time will tell whether it can see the test of time. Personally from this side of the bridge in Somerset I would chose LHR to travel to mid east and beyond, I dont see any real benefits to fly from CWL,more choice of flights and routes to hub airports like DXB, DOH and others this generally means more competition which usually drives prices down, if it is to be operated on 320/737 then also that is a heck of a stint on a single aisle aircraft, BRS as CWL can ops 787 for up to 10.5 hrs direct (CUN) and that is with a larger seating capacity to QR and a belly full of cases so I dont see the BRS runway as a major issue, lots of people have said about cargo, however this will be a very limited amount in the belly if ops on 320/737, BRS is able to put in an airbridge with ease on the central walkway should the need arise with an airline like QR so I cant see that being a stumbling bkock, BRS has a larger and more affluent catchment than CWL so again that is a bit of a head scratcher. Its certainly a kick in the teeth for BRS but everything points to a ridiculous deal being supported by WAG and possibly that QR can boast of serving another capital city, if using 320/737 the only major reason for choosing CWL would surely be monetary for the airline. Having said all this I do hope it is a success for CWL as it has been down in the duldrums far too long and South Wales and South West has been screaming for a ME3 carrier. Who knows, EK might sit up and take notice and look at BRS in the near future especially as they have a plan to purchase more mid range a/c such as A320neo A350, stranger things have happened...such as QR at CWL. Good luck with it CWL and QR