PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Military housing fiasco
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2017, 18:15
Melchett01

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by skippedonce
What, you mean strip them of the civil honours they doubtless received for saving the department so much money it a time of financial need!
If you will permit me. I was reading Travel orders today and stumbled across a passage that went something along the lines of

'personnel must (not my emphasis) use the cheapest possible method travel ... Personnel are not entitled to travel by first class, even where a first class ticket is cheaper than the equivalent standard class fare'.

And if were to ask the ordinary tax payer in the street whether they would prefer service personnel to go via a more expensive standard class or a cheaper first class ticket, 95% of tax payers would look at the cheaper option.

But with this sort of utterly myopic thinking, combined with frequently amateurish execution in all things financial it's hardly surprising that business manages to rake the money in when dealing with the MOD. To anyone half competent it probably isn't even sport these days. As outrageous as the MQs fiasco is, we really shouldn't be surprised when we put spin and image above substance.