PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Study techniques for ATPL studies
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2017, 17:55
Cestlavie077

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is how I studied: just a suggest, because it also depend on each one's capability and method.

Firstly, you need to understand the theory. Basically there are a dozen of topics in a subject. Then in each topic there are a few problems. Try to have an overview first of what are you studying before you go each of those one by one. Don't just open something and try to study directly from A to Z. You'll get annoying because of the quantity of knowledge very soon.

But that isn't enough, what you studied and what they are asking in exams is a little bit differences. So MOST of the time I study in question banks (btw, I heard that in Australia there is no question bank at all?). Anyway, try to explain all the wrong choice in 1 question. Most of the questions have "key word", if you can remember the "key word", do it, but don't rely on it (because they change "key word" and you're f**ked).

Another tips is taking note of the knowledge inside questions themselves. We may study 1001 topic, but they are just asking in 100 topic.

Create your own Mnemonic, we may studied UNOS, ANDS... But there are tons of other things.

Finally, for some of the math prob, there is a way to answer not by doing the whole bunch of calculation -> the trick is doing it reversely from choice to the question. They say "work smart not work hard" thou

FYI, the period before exams, one of my friend did 300 questions each day. That guy is just so smart that not only he understand the wrong choices in each question, but also he remember "key word" for most of them. His scores're damn high.