PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomson Airways
Thread: Thomson Airways
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2017, 10:35
dmouse88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BILLBOY80
Will both 787-9 be Gatwick based this summer when G-TUIK is delivered towards the end of May (is it May 24th). Will it be delivered to Manchester like G-TUIJ was? Surprised they aren't basing one at Manchester for the Orlando flights. They seem to be using a 787-9 on a fairly large number of European short haul flights every week from Gatwick, throughout this summer. This seems a bit of a waste for a highly efficient long haul aircraft. I am sure their operations team are far more capable than myself at utilising their fleet, I was just a little surprised not to see the second example at Manchester and dedicated to long haul duties.
According to flightmapper both 789 will operate out of Gatwick on long haul except on a Sat when 1 will operate 4600 to PMI and 4660 to RHO. It looks currently like Gatwick will also have 3 x 788 and Man will have 3 x 788 and 2 x 763. Birmingham look like having a 788 also. That leaves the other 2 x 788 to cover the other long haul departures from the other airports.