PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 25th Apr 2017, 09:05
APU_inop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
*current salary (base-housing-etc--is there any convenience,which is provided by QR,about buying car? )
Housing + 25000 QAR + 104QAR per hour flown roughly
Cars are priced similarly to Europe, if you're from Turkey, cars are generally 1/3 to 1/4 of the price of what you have to pay in Turkey
*accomodation (do we have to stay company accomodation? is it mandatory ? can we move another house in another district?)
You get accomodation, it's usually OK, not difficult to move, you may move out and take the money instead but there's a couple of months of waiting time.

*what is company accomodation like?
Depends on your expectations but mostly pretty new, furnished and clean.
*in some videos women and men wear shorts but in some articles it is mentioned that we should cover knees and shoulders both.how we should wear?
Don't worry, you may wear the same thing as you wear in Europe but some modesty doesn't hurt. Some restrictions at public beaches though.
*i think liquor permit is provided by companies . what about QR? (in an article i read QR dont provide liquor permit for cabin crew)
You get a liquor permit and can shop alcohol however alocohol is pretty expensive. A beer is €1.5 to €2.5. Raki is 82QAR. The variety is not bad though. Drinking outside at bars is very expensive, a beer for under €10 won't be easy to find.
*what kind of a health insurance or health care system we have when we start working/living?
You get an Allianz-card, one card per family member. Thank god I have never had to use it but the policy is pretty generous except for one thing, it does not cover birth costs. The public health care is said to be very good and cheap by the ones who have used it that I know. Public health care covers birth.
*can i bring some medicines for flu-reflux-birth control-etc with me in my luggage when we are moving?
No problems, just bring the prescription to be sure.