PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wanting to quit aviation
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2017, 08:33
Luke SkyToddler

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I didn't really enjoy most of my PPL/CPL training at all, the sausage factory schools manage to squeeze all the fun and joy out of VFR, and you don't really see the point of 200 hours of stalls and steep turns and map reading when you just want to fly an Airbus.

But I stuck with it because I was mostly sure when I got to the big stuff, it wouldn't be like that. And it wasn't.

Everyone has that crisis of confidence somewhere in their late CPL when the pressure really starts piling on and they realize it's only going to get worse. Although when I got there, I actually really enjoyed the IR more than the VFR training because it was more structured, more numbers to crunch, a lot more black and white. Maybe just the way my aviation mind is wired.

Not much else to add except everyone goes through ups and downs of enjoying it. Even after 20+ years and 10,000+ hours. You'd be mad to not at least complete the CPL, you're only a few days away. Then take a few days off to recharge your batteries and get completely away from aviation. You'll miss it soon enough ��