PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF - 2
Thread: CARDIFF - 2
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2017, 07:27
Harry Wayfarers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a trudge down the M5 / M4 or M5 / M50 / A40 / M4 then across country to Rhoose wouldn't figure in my plans,
Actually the M50/A40/A449 is a pretty good drive, you'd be surprised at how many people believe the only way in to/from S. Wales is via the Severn Xing(s) leaving the M50 etc. as an underutilised route.

That said give me an A330 medium/long-haul any day, not just the wide body but a maximum of one other person to climb over to reach an aisle.

But Qatar aren't cheap, I find myself regularly checking fares between UK/Europe and Asia, even when I was travelling the route myself Qatar never figured in my pricing, to get anything like a competitive fare I would have needed to layover in Doha incurring hotel and visa expenses, the one time I travelled the route from/to CWL I utilsed AF/KL so introducing Qatar in to the frame may represent a conflict of interest.

Just recently the likes of Emirates and Oman Air have had the best fares with Oman Air also having the best ME connection times, circa less than 2 hours in each direction.