PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LAPL only instructor
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2017, 20:28
BEagle

Received 270 Likes on 109 Posts
I presented a proposal to EASA in 2013, along the lines any training received during a partly-completed LAPL course (whether or not delivered by a LAPL-only FI) should be credited towards a PPL course - for example if the student decides to go for a PPL rather an a LAPL, following a change in medical circumstances. Although all participants at the EASA TAG/SSCC/FCL meeting supported this and EASA agreed to include it in some vague 'regular update to Part-FCL' programme, over the following 3 years they did nothing about it.

So I asked the CAA in Dec 2016; I was advised that the proposal looked OK, but they needed to check with Köln...

...where some 'Befehl ist Befehl' functionary, totally out of step with the aims of the GA Roadmap, said "Nein - Dies ist nicht möglich!"

So no - advice to a student in such a situation is that, until we can cudgel more sense into certain €urocrats, if he/she starts a LAPL course then it must first be finished, before later being upgraded to the PPL in accordance with the requirements of FCL.210.A(b).

Which everyone with half an ounce of common sense agrees is stupid.