PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Masirah.
Thread: Masirah.
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2017, 20:21
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Basil, probably the PSA garden with a water system to keep it irrigated.

TTN, actually Masirah was not bad at all. Large Twinam huts with more than enough beds for a crew in each room. Good bar with TV room off. Nightly all-ranks film shows by the RAFP where the P stood not only for Police. The films were in monochrome blue.

Then the fishing by night with the catch flown home in the recuperator bays in the wing - deep frozen at -70. And golf. Also in '72 we had Mustapha Aliqueen on his moped trying to get off the camp.

To keep the donkeys off the run (donkeys Basil, not deer) PSA set out two cattle grids on the two roads and then set up fences between the two grids.

Mustapha, at the end of his shift hurtling down the track he had used that morning and every day for the last many years almost drove in to the new fence. He backs off, tries a different line, same result, more fence. Backs off once more and goes hurtling along the fence line - to gap. Turns round, comes hurtling back, still no gap.

He did this several times until eventually he gave up and used the road. We had fully expected that he would try and jump the fence.