PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - S97 Raider
Thread: S97 Raider
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2017, 15:23
SansAnhedral

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by rjsquirrel
I enjoy all the sniping about schedule here, as if the aircraft for the year 2030 will be decided by 5 months in 2017!
I do note that the fans of tilt rotors don't specify the tremendous difficulty the Osprey is having in the real world.
I wonder if the JMR design requires the aircraft to both arrive at the destination and also come home. If so, is a "proven" tilt rotor at a disadvantage? Does the US Army require aircraft that can do a round trip?

US Marine Osprey crashes off Japan, 5 rescued, US officials say | Fox News

https://theaviationist.com/2017/01/2...d-on-al-qaeda/
"Tremendous difficulty"

rj is just upset that the pprune V-22 thread of years has gone quiet while the aircraft continues to rack up hundreds of thousands of hours of flight time and remains the USMC's most in-demand aircraft and nearly its safest...so he has to try and steer the conversation on the S97 thread to the Osprey for some unknown reason. Even SAS came out of the woodwork after hearing some some good old fashioned V22 trash talk. Its like the halcyon days of 2011 huh guys!

If one wants to get so pedantic and irrelevant...at least the Yemen V-22 went down in combat with no loss of life, while the venerable UH-60 crashes in clear air onto golf courses killing our servicemen. What a "national embarrassment", or am I just immune?