PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air France high speed RTO due to missing baggage
Old 24th Apr 2017, 14:00
pax britanica

Received 48 Likes on 21 Posts
Sun In My eyes

My comment was relaly aimed at the 'I am not going to stop if ATC tells me' attitude some people seemed to take/ I am a regular user of aviation and grew up next door to LHR . I also have the every highest regard for airline crews who doa job that can suddenly become extremely difficult and whose actions will be subject to greater scrutiny than any other profession .

I do very definitely recognise that while the V1 process appears cut and dried there are circumstances , exactly as you describe, where the moment is passed in the blink of an eye or where a judgement call is made literally as the speed is reached , I am aware you are not just moving fast but accelerating fast. So in know there can be times when judgement, experience or just the lack of times to recognise and process something means aborting right on V1 might not be wise. As i said what concerned me was the ATC can't tell me to stop attitude that some, clearly not you, have demonstrated. Iwas also concerned that the crew might get hung out to dry if the controller had a good reason and it was not complied with but had serious consequences.