PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rednal Airfield, Shropshire
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2017, 12:05
pilotmike

Received 73 Likes on 21 Posts
(one suspects) pilotmike, would be executing 'rate one' turns so would remain well separated!

Pilotmike seems to think there is some elapsed time one has to wait between approaches

wound[sic] have droned around Shropshire for 25 minutes before approaching again

Pilotmike wouldn't seem to know about such things
Presumptive?? I think you defined 'presumptive' right there!

As to your presumptive points, Wrong, Wrong and Wrong. In my 15 years of instructing in light aircraft etc, I generally taught tighter circuits than other instructors did, for both expediency and safety. I also put far greater emphasis on glide approaches than others did, for similar reasons.

I have no issue with flying tight circuits. But one completed to "land prob a minute or less after the go-around." sounded impossible to achieve safely, especially with "farmhouse rotating around the Chippy's wingtip not far below" But each to their own...

Whichever way, good luck with flying at 100' after your sharp left turn to avoid HT wires to the right, after telling us you were caught unawares by power poles, with no knowledge of where the wires were.