PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CSIRO says it knows where MH370 is
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2017, 04:25
Ushuaia

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Icarus2001
To those that still believe that there is an issue with the aircraft that caused the loss please apply some logical and critical thinking. It is known that the aircraft turned off route and flew along an FIR boundary, transponder was turned off. That is not an aircraft fault.

Secondly the "authorities" have more information that is not in the public domain. I have this from a friend close to the action, there was no fault with the aircraft.
Talk about "alternative facts". It is NOT known that the transponder was "turned off". What is known is that the transponder signal ceased. That could be because someone turned it off or because the system failed for some reason.

The same "alternative facts" stuff keeps getting applied to the ACARS system - that "someone" obviously "turned it off". Wrong. The only facts known there are that the ACARS was set up to send a burst of data every 30 mins. It sent a burst at 1700Z. The transponder signal was lost at 1722Z and then at 1730Z no ACARS data was received (I may have the exact times wrong; those numbers are to illustrate my point). That does NOT mean someone turned off the ACARS; again, a major fault at 1722Z may be the cause.

As for the "authorities" having more info than is in the public domain: you may be right but I am inclined to call "B/S" on that. I have a mate who happens to have been the Australian-appointed, accredited investigator to the MH370 search team. We've talked extensively about the data and the search. He has never told me about "secret info", info being withheld. Now either he hasn't been told everything (possible) or he isn't telling me everything (also possible). But: unlikely.

Yes, apply some logical and critical thinking, don't just go on what the media and the Byron Bailey's will excitedly say, and you will come the realisation that major technical failure/s cannot be excluded. Imagine, for example, a bomb in the MEC, taking out multiple COMM and NAV systems. And oxygen systems. Cannot exclude someone trying to get the aircraft back to terra-firma whilst blind and mute. And then succumbing.

Despite all of the above, I too, am not excluding the possibility of the whole thing being a deliberate act. However it's wrong to distort the KNOWN FACTS to bias towards such a scenario.