PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wanting to quit aviation
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2017, 22:49
Ia8825

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lost pilot, sorry to hear that it's not going great for you at the moment. From what I can tell, it is less likely that you have any kind of depression, more likely you have a case of training fatigue. Every time you fly, it's all high pressure and it's been taking the fun out of it and now you don't even remember why your doing it. My suggestion would be that you just chill for a bit, and if you can afford it, get a few mates to chip in and go for a nice adventure. Flying for fun for a little while will remind you why your doing it, and it's unlikely the passion you started with has actually disappeared, it's just temporarily buried.

The only other suggestion I could recommend is it may be time to consider changing schools. Whenever I instruct I work under the idea that this is supposed to be fun, if it's not then something is being done incorrectly. CPL is a long journey and it's very easy to focus on the end goal and forget to enjoy the journey along the way. Stick in there mate, it will all come good soon enough, good luck and with a bit of luck we may fly together one day in some kind of fast exotic piece of machinery.