PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rednal Airfield, Shropshire
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2017, 18:33
Shaggy Sheep Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tay Cough
If the law says right but left will keep you alive, will you still blindly turn right?

SSD may have had a perfectly valid reason to turn left.
Not least HT wires to the right!

But perhaps pilotmike will never believe (judging by his presumptive and judgemental post) that I actually knew that.

And of course there was plenty of room for both me and the Zlin to turn to the same side of the runway had he done so as well (we were well separated when I turned early - so actually he didn't need to and indeed didn't, running in for aeros as he was and seeing me turn away). Had he done so, however, neither of us, unlike (one suspects) pilotmike, would be executing 'rate one' turns so would remain well separated! We were are both (I know the Zlin pilot of course) aviators rather than aeroplane drivers.

And OMG! Flying a short 100' downwind to an immediate landing! So soon after the last approach, too! Pilotmike seems to think there is some elapsed time one has to wait between approaches, and (my turn to be presumptive) probably flies bomber circuits and wound have droned around Shropshire for 25 minutes before approaching again, by which time the circuit traffic situation would be a complete unknown to him.

And boasting? I thought I was merely relating an amusing and perfectly safe strip flying bit of fun. Pilotmike wouldn't seem to know about such things, it seems.