PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK: Enough is Enough
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2017, 17:01
speed2height

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jack schidt

After almost 2 decades in the desert, let me tell you that you have 2 choices. If you haven't worked out what your choices are then you shouldn't be flying aeroplanes here. If you do know what choices are available to you, chose one and live with it.
Well Jack, there are many more choices available to the intelligent individuals who read these forums than your simple "Like it or Leave", "Put up or Shut up" response.

We all know about Market Forces, and we all know that without pilots airplanes don't fly and Airlines don't turn a profit. We imagine that HR watches the Labor Market and will have to compete economically to attract talent. So for some, the first act of rebellion is to describe their working conditions in truthful and factual detail.

I am sure there is not a single poster from EK who isn't aware that these forums are monitored by EK. Most have heard the accounts of litigation being initiated based on forum postings here. Heck, EY discussion is prohibited by the forum because of this.

However, there are those of us taking an option you omitted to mention and
are actively seeking roles of responsibility within EK and engaging internally on the issues being mentioned.

Jack, if you have resigned yourself to accepting whatever is sent your way until you can't take it anymore, and think this is the best approach, then I am sorry for both you and EK. But if you are interested in managing expectations upwards AND downwards throw your hat in the ring.