PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MFTS
Thread: MFTS
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2017, 16:16
Could be the last?

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I am assuming that the Duty Holder chain for DHFS is the Stn CDR, AoC 22gp and CAS. Therefore, as stated previously, the ability to operate the ac 'safely' will be scrutinised extensively, with any significant risks annotated in the platform risk register (or similar document), which is informed by the operators, including CFS. So it would be interesting to see how the risks associated with rear-crew trg and specifically whinch sorties on the new ac are articulated, and at what level those risks are accepted?

As an aside, a few years previous I observed a safety/risk mtg whereby the duty holder chain was not aware that one of the Gp's ac was operated by personnel who spent the majority of the sortie on their knees - the risk being associated with MSI and long-term injuries etc. Now I could almost forgive that due to the FJ background, but within 22 Gp there are enough Snrs with RW experience to not make these type of fundamental mistakes - and have been around long enough to have reviewed the lessons identified when we switched from Wsx to Griffin.

I am also assuming that the Release to Service organisation will have an input to the way in which the ac is cleared for use, or does that go through a different process now?

Last edited by Could be the last?; 23rd Apr 2017 at 16:42.