PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wanting to quit aviation
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2017, 12:22
BERWP1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lost Pilot 22, I can only understand as someone who was in a very similar position - except it occurred for me after I finished my CPL at 22.

I got a job in a separate industry to pay for all my flying - then found I loved it so much that I only flew every 3 months to keep my currency up after my CPL flight test. For a good 6 months it was confusing, annoying and downright frustrating that I had wanted to fly for so long but now didn't. I found going to a few airshows and taking a few friends flying brought the bug back. I've decided to get the most out of my current job and when I feel ready, move back into aviation. There will always be planes to fly.

As everyone has said, go ahead and finish the CPL. For what it's worth, you might never fly commercially but to have that level of knowledge and training for the rest of your life will be beneficial if you decide an aviation career is not for you and to fly privately for fun. If one day you want to move into the industry, then having your ticket in hand will make things much easier.

Good on you for reaching out mate! PM if you'd like to chat about anything else.