PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Starting Out - Advice
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2017, 08:31
jamesgrainge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by button push ignored
james grainge.

In the days, long - long ago, when you could walk onto the concourse of a passenger airline terminal without a ticket, and a long time before there was security.

I was walking around the airport, just looking at planes.

I remember thinking to myself as an passenger airline Boeing 727 crew disembarked, how much I'd like to do that for a living.

Then I looked up to the other side of the airport, and saw the Boeing 727 that I was Captain on, and realized that in fact, that's what I did do for a living.

The passion has never died. From day one to today. It's the only thing I've ever wanted to do.

As an aircraft spotter in the UK in the 70s. I used to go cycling around airports and airshows with a Jamie. I thought the last name was Grainge, or something like that.
I was told he had also done it, and was flying HS125s, 25 years ago.

Wouldn't by any chance be you would it?
Sadly although that sounds like an amazing time I was not born until almost 15 years later! I am a mere PPL student with many hours to go until I can consider myself a commercial pilot. I just hope that never dies. It's an unusual thing that people who fly feel about planes and the whole process.

Sadly a lot of advice to the wannabes on the forum is derived from some very jaded pilots, as well as some who are simply the best pilots in the world and forget what it is like to be a poor youngster with a dream. Which is sad to see. Best advice I can give anyone starting out with this forum, take things with a bit of salt, and do research from independent sources.