PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - American Airlines pax hit with stroller
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2017, 03:52
Gauges and Dials

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by p.j.m
I suggest you go watch the video again.

The woman refused to give up her stroller. That was the cause of the original (off video) incident, apparently there was a struggle with it, and it hit her. She then screamed and created a scene on the aircraft even though she was in the wrong.

A male passenger onboard decided to take the law into his own hands and threatened the attendant who had been the subject of abuse by the irrational woman who refused to give up her stroller.

Some lessons to be learned here, first and foremost, the woman should have been denied boarding, instead of an ensuing struggle to remove the stroller she wasn't entitled to take aboard, and the male passenger who threatened the attendant should also have been removed from the aircraft.

Unfortunate that the attendant had to defend himself.
Neither you and I were there.

Some versions of the story say that the airline told her she could bring the stroller on board.

In no case, other than perhaps the possibility that she attacked the flight attendant first, would it have been legitimate for the flight attendant to assault and batter her. The appropriate response, if in fact he was in the right (which we don't yet know), would have been to say, "You may not bring that on board, if you do, we will call for law enforcement to remove you from the aircraft." The minute he touched her, the legal and PR game was over.

I didn't think the male passenger was even a tiny bit out of line. You don't hit a mother carrying her child in her arms. Period.

Last edited by Gauges and Dials; 23rd Apr 2017 at 04:14. Reason: typo "day"->"say"