PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RCAF to RAF Pilot
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2017, 00:19
RCAF Fyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Bob Viking -

Thanks for the info! Sounds like the timing right now is good, however you are correct in that I will probably be waiting at least 5 to 6 years before my terms of service are up and I *hopefully* get a couple of tours on hornets first. I've chatted with the Brits at 419 a little bit about it, was just looking for more some more input from different folks. That's cool that you were here with 419, it sure is a small world. I'm up in YOD now and starting my FLIT course very shortly, definitely looking forward to it! That being said I've got a long way to go yet and a lot of busting my ass to get er' done

That's good you were able to get citizenship - that's the kind of show stopper I was worried about if I wanted to transfer to the RAF later on. It sounds like the prospects of the RAF accommodating me to join up without those prerequisites (with some operational experience) is pretty good so that's good news for me.

Since you've done an exchange here and been part of the NFTC program, how would you say the Compensation, benefits and lifestyle is for the RAF compared to the RCAF ?

Cheers,

RCAF FB