PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - American Airlines pax hit with stroller
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2017, 22:47
edi_local

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How else do you propose a passenger who is not complying with the requests of a flight attendant be referred to as?

The fact is strollers don't often go in the cabin. I know it's been standard practice on any airline I've worked with to tag them at the check in desk or the gate and the passengers get them on arrival at the final destination, or in a lot of cases while in transit. Most major hubs have strollers that can be borrowed during transit too. My current airline's hub certainly does, so there is no need to get your own one back during any ground time on a long journey. Most strollers are too big to physically fit inside the overhead bin or even in an onboard cupboard. Yes, there are plenty of smaller strollers which collapse down to be the size of a carry on, but I can count the number of times I've seen those on one hand.

The fact is that many passengers are seemingly unable to accept that they are not always in the right and want to throw a tantrum when told No, you can't do that. They aren't the only person on the plane, the rules are the same for everyone. While I would never condone the actions of this staff member, it is not totally one sided. The refusal of the lady to give up her stroller, something which is afterall a perfectly legitimate, reasonable and indeed necessary request, is just downright ignorant and not how an adult should behave. So yes, in this case, as with many, a non compliant passenger was the initial cause of this whole incident.