PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crew travel priority over paying pax?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2017, 10:39
Troo believer

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Band a Lot
I am with you on that framer - I also think it should be public knowledge! given the charges that can be laid on such a passenger in this case that "I" think had his right to travel bashed against a few hard objects.

Where is this higher than other person now? why are they not accountable and will they personally say "sorry" to the passenger ? I doubt it as they have shown their true colours.
Band a Lot's AvatarBand a Lot , 16th Apr 2017 10:35
So we get a lot of abuse and a Boeing check list, but no legal document of the gap prior to moving under own power as in Australia.

Yes I know a thing or 2 about fire, but as I said away from emergencies can you identify to a Judge that a decision prior to "moving under own power" that you made as a pilot in command that you had/have that legal responsibility?

I am simply asking the question - a judge will demand an answer.

Lets get back to the removed passenger type of example and lets say he actually died from injuries and you have to defend yourself as having the responsibility/authority - can you?

So Band a Lot,
Changing your tune to suit your flawed argument.
You ever heard of Strict Liability?
If there is a fire or other event detrimental to the safety of passengers and crew prior to doors closing and the Captain doesn't comply with the relevant checklist and diligently carry out all duties including an evacuation if required, and a passenger dies in the ensuing fire, whom do you think will be liable?
If you think as Aircraft Commander you can pass the buck or transfer responsibility because you don't think you're really in command at this point, good luck.