PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Visibility for Minima-measurement n evaluation
Old 22nd Apr 2017, 05:51
titaniumwings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For any discussion to be meaningful, especially technical ones, logical points and reasoning would be necessary. Blanket statements may not be. There are many ways to operate. Other than those mandated in one's manual, many are up to preferences. I appreciate those who give their constructive views as I view this a great avenue to learn from other operators and aviators. Reputation and ego is something that I care less about though.

I have read about the Australian fuel policy. I understand that there are times where judgement comes into place but as AerocatS2A pointed out there are some basis or circumstances that we based our judgement on This would be relevant and useful when we impart our experiences and knowledge to the younger ones. It seems obvious that the younger generations have a different approach to learning that even I have to adapt to in order to maximize the greater good for my company.

And you are right, AerocatS2A, I am talking about the over and above fuel carriage in excess to that mandated in the manuals and regulations. Trend following is one of the most useful technique in weather evaluation. Thanks for your input n views.