PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My dream - advice please (collective thread)
Old 22nd Apr 2017, 00:12
Ahmed_Laskan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help to become a pilot from nothing

hello

ill start introducing myself. im 17, done my gcses, doing a levels right now. I always wanted to be a pilot when I was young, I chased that dream untill I moved from holland to the UK. I thought about it and somehow wanted to become an engineer, not saying I dont like it. I love building stuff. but I also love to fly planes in simulators. yes its like a dream, and I wanna chase it. sitting in an office is to boring for me.

so thats me. now the thing is, I looked at CTC wings program, and I dont get it. am I able to go on a course after 6th form? do I need a degree? and most likely if I do get a degree I wont go on and become a pilot. I really dont know how I would have to do it. and what do I exactly need to become a pilot? I looked at the requirements and the academic side of it doesnt look hard. so anyone has tips for my lost future? because Right now im lost. we had a guest that was a pilot through CTC aviation, he gave me hopes and wanted to become a pilot again, he made it sound so easy. but I went on the website and then it was a different story. there were no actual courses for in the uk or big companies. so I would really love to have an answer from some one that does actually know what he/she is talking about.

thank you in advance