PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is this a potential security hole?
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2017, 13:25
t1grm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this a potential security hole?

Just asking out of curiosity really. Flying FR out of BRU yesterday. Printed pdf boarding pass. Scanned my boarding pass at the entrance to airside. Went through security (scanned boarding pass again at x-ray). Got airside and realised I'd left something in the rental car. Quick call to Hertz established they had found it. I had plenty of time before boarding so headed up to baggage reclaim and back out the airport to collect said item. Upon returning to departures I scanned my boarding pass at the entrance to airside for the second time and to my surprise it let me straight through. Same again at security. I was half expecting it to throw up an error and have to go to the supervisor to explain the situation. So my question is; what's to stop me printing off 5 or more boarding passes and using them to get other people airside? I appreciate they would have all gone through security and they would have never go on the plane (at least I hope not!) but, it still seems like a fairly big hole in security to allow you to potentially get people who are not flying and have no business being there airside.