PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bartolini Air Flight School
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2017, 08:07
horus23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello guys,
I've been reading this forum for a while and following the reviews about this school specially, so thanks for all the relevant info so far.

I did my PPL/NVFR and would like to continue for CPL, ME, IR and the ATPL.
Right now I have bit more than 50hrs and need to do my hour building, but I haven't enrolled in the ATPL yet. Taking many suggestions of friends and information taken from the internet I decided to take Bristol ground school, but I'm not sure if I should do it directly with Bristol or with Bartolini (where I was planning to do the CPL, ME, IR and possibly the hour building).

I would like some opinions from people who did the course in both places.

The main difference for me will be in price. Doing it in Bristol will be almost double the price due to the fee for the exams, the price of the course itself, the shipping of the books and the 3 revision weeks (flight, accommodation and expenses). In other hand you will have the printed material forever, more revision weeks, one after each of 3 modules and 2 accelerator days per module. The training with them should then give you more background I guess.

In Bartolini the price would be the big plus but the information is not so clear about how things would go. I understood that you need 5 months before you can start the revision week (that is only 10 days once) but I'm not sure if you can do any subject at your discretion and if only with the web training given would be enough.

About the hour building:
I asked them if it was possible to book an airplane and have freedom to fly when and where you desire, but I was told that you need to book even the hours you will be flying beforehand. So I have no idea if it's going to work for me, as I'm not familiar with the place, weather and other issues that could arise. I would have a month to do at least 50 hours, is it reasonable over there?
Another option was to do the hour building in USA and then continue with them for the CPL and etc.
Is there someone who did hour building with them who could give me some opinion?

I would really appreciate hearing from students and former students of Bartolini.