PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airplane back in Barbados
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2017, 01:47
Ebbie 2003

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If I were never to fly the airplane ever again about US$10,000

Wanted my airplane back, not any Archer, my Archer - one of the advantages of no children etc. and getting older, if you don't do it now, never will.

Interesting all the talk of lapsed pilots, after almost three years of no solo the plan for ten plus hours of instruction got frustrated - turned into less than three. The instructor was really calm, no extraneous patter - a very low key guy, probably comes with age, I was really calm, normally instruction puts me on edge (like a total freak out) if anyone is looking for some impressive instruction in the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area I can recommend this guy.

Really regret taking the airplane to the US, will never let it out of my sight - aviation has more crooks than any other industry once they smell money!

I have some nice photos of clouds!

The 400nm from Turks & Caicos to Puerto Rico and the 400nm from St. Croix into Barbados were very different - on the latter actually passing over an island Martinique - other than that, it's just look for airplanes (saw only one whole trip and that was on final into Ft. de France), switch fuel tanks every half hour, do the thumb trick to ensure not flying into clouds and try not to fall asleep.