PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Game Over 457 scam?
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2017, 21:22
thorn bird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Dept of Health in West Australia and Queensland Health are the largest employers of overseas workers on 457 Visas. I wonder what will happen to their health systems and services.........???"

Always seemed passing strange to me. I know there are wheels within wheels that drive these things, some of which are not apparent to ordinary laypersons.

My daughter graduated from a Queensland university with distinctions in Nursing.

She was required to complete post graduate practical work before she could actually practice as a nurse. She tried for over a year to get into a post grad course without success and in frustration moved to Sydney. She paid good money to an agency in Sydney who claimed to be able to secure a place for her if she completed various courses provided by them and work in jobs on the fringe of the health industry. Another year has passed and she is still waiting for a slot mostly doing part time work as a nursing aid, cleaner in Aged care facilities, or reception work in medical clinics.

I can understand her despair as she was highly motivated and anxious to progress in her chosen career only to see jobs she dreamed of taken by 457 visa holders.

I can also understand the angst of those young airmen and women who have paid their dues, worked diligently to achieve their dream, only to see 457 visa holders filling vacancies because its cheaper and easier than providing training.

Last edited by thorn bird; 20th Apr 2017 at 21:39.