PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK informational 21st KLVS
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2017, 20:20
The Outlaw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by soakingpilot
** all of this from just asking about an informational session.

sigh
Soak,

Put on a tie and go see what they say. Be prepared to listen to an inordinate amount of BS but there may be a fact or two as well. Do read all the posts in the ME forum here going back at least 10 years, if you believe 10% of it and you are sane, you should run away screaming!

Right now I would suggest that you are short sighted in chasing shiny jets and exotic destinations. 100 hours of mostly night flying will make you quickly understand the frustration we all face by being here. What is not easy to accept is that it is extremely difficult to fit back into the system in the USA, Canada or even Europe after being out for so many years. There are other things that you'll sell your soul for to get here that you will later regret and you cant get that back.

Your 35K job in the USA can quickly turn into 125K plus in the right seat of a major and will go up in spades from there...If it were me, I'd pursue that avenue without question and enjoy a good union contract and laws in place to protect you, things that you will never see here.