PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What wrong with Morocco?
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2017, 18:44
ffa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kilomike_19
Hello,

I'm a Moroccan pilot student and I'm very confused with the situation of my country. In Morocco there are two major airlines. One of them take foreign F/O who paid a "self-sponsorized training".However, Moroccans have to face VERY hard (and stupid) requirements to get a F/O position. There are many Moroccans grounded waiting for a opportunity or searching contacts in the airline. The other airline is more or less in the same situation.

Aviation is dying... Pilots are paying to fly.... PAYING TO WORK ! I can't understand it. I'm doing my pilot studies abroad and I know that I' will not have posibilities to return to my country (without paying a Line Training or something like that)... Regrettably, Moroccans pilots have difficulties to fly in Morocco and also abroad. I know that many of us will pay a Line Training...and that saddens me...
The best thing is that the Moroccan government complains about the escape of skilled professionals such as pilots ... What a hypocritical country.
Hello kilomike_19,
I am also a fellow moroccan studying abroad, i recently graduated high school, and an aspiring pilot. I have been looking at cadet programs literally everywhere and i have found many cadet pilot programs except in morocco which is honestly very sad and disappointing. I finally found this post, from what i understand, morocco does have a cadet program right? but its very difficult for morccans. So, i would like to ask where can i find this program if thats okay with you and which moroccan airline offers it? Thank you. Hope to hear from you or anyone else that knows about this.