PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 9
Thread: Ryanair - 9
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2017, 18:15
racedo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by davidjohnson6
I notice that Norwegian seem to be pretty active announcing new long haul routes from Europe
I know Ryanair do not have any 787s but I am surprised that after all the noise about long haul 10 years ago, Ryanair seem to be silent right now, particularly with the possibility of narrow body aircraft achieving transatlantic flights. At the least I would have expected maybe some noise about aircraft orders by now

Anyone know whether Ryanair intend to take a share of the LCC long haul market ?

Ryanair are "sticking to the knitting" to coin the old phrase and being very clever about doing it.

Companys that take their eye off the ball and diversify into areas they claim they understand but don't tend to, losing shed loads of investors money while doing it.

A time will come when they do but at the moment the price war will be between Norwegian, IAG/AA, AF/KLM/Delta across North Atlantic.

Better to sit and watch them slug it out for a couple of years and loses millions while being ready to pick up the pieces and aircraft later on when everybody has fought themselves to a standstill and the bank accounts are all empty. Then when you enter nobody can fight you.