PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concorde Fleet Rebellion
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2003, 23:07
loaded1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunately for you perhaps, Carruthers, not only do I fly aeroplanes for a living but I've been doing it for well over a decade now. My reply was directed at 411a's interminably negative posts whenever flightcrew personnel are the topic, rather than the merits or otherwise of the reputed argument between BA and its Concorde crews.

To refer to flight engineers with the phrase "bin 'em" or similar is, as I stated in regard to all of 411a's post, gratuitously offensive to my mind, not a constructive contribution to any rational debate and more akin to someone who seems to seek to be deliberately provocative with no other end in mind than to cause offense. Or perhaps 411a knows otherwise and would like to make such a remark face to face to a man who has served his company and his profession for, I gather in some cases, over three decades. I bet he wouldn't dare, but isn't that what makes the internet such fun for people like 411a?

I've also worked outside aviation for a long spell in order to pay for the privilege of getting there at all. I am therefore very aware that employment practise has changed a long way elsewhere, and its more than lamentable for ALL of those in the aviation industry that the attitudes that are spoken of by so many on this forum persist for professional aviators. Quite honestly the attitudes alluded to on this forum as being common to airline employers should serve as a warning to young people thinking of entering professional aviation.