PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I am about to take the leap
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2003, 22:29
daredevil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am about to take the leap

Hello all,

I came to this forum two months ago because my love for aviation, aircraft and the boys and girls who fly them drew me here. I came with a dream, a dream that I imagine most of you have had but unlike myself the vast majority of you went out and actually ran with it. I am now about to run with it.
I came to this forum a confused and battered soul desperately seeking anwsers to burning questions deep within me and I think I have found the answer to all of them, it's called the Intergrated Commercial Pilot Course offered by Moncton Flight Center in New Brunswick Canada, where I also happen to be from. They say that whatever you become, you always were and the people here on Pprune have showed me that a pilot is what I always have been. I have realized that no other working environment could possibly compare to working among such great people like yourselves; the work ethic my old man (an accountant) drove into my head as a child and would be proud of, the levity and sense of humour that I crave and feel is lifes lubricant. The sense of integrity that I sense you all feel for eachother and that is so hard to come by in other professions. Don't get me wrong now, it may sound as if I have a romantic view of aviation and don't really know the hardships involved and quite possibly I don't but the one thing I do know is that for some reason you guys and gals feel that there is a little more pride entitled to your jobs and I would like to find out why.
I feel now that to continue my existance without at least attempting to realize my dream would be selling myself short if not down right fruitless in the long run so I've checked my finances, sent for a application form, called the old man and am about to book a Class 1 medical. Now I have a question, just what should I expect in the Medical? e.i. running, strength tests, EKG etc. any advice you all have on the subject would be most appreciated someone who has duly weighed all the pros and cons and is still up for it.

DD