PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2017, 21:26
Corporal Clott

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Sad to hear about the old Mess, by the looks of the photos it is irrecoverable. So the "most complete BofB Station" is really just a couple of runways and some run down earthwork E-pens. I think Duxford, Northolt, Manston, Middle Wallop, Boscombe Down, Colerne, Biggin Hill, Debden (Carver Barracks), North Weald, Lee on Solent, Stapleford, Wittering, Church Fenton, Fowlmere, Tern Hill, etc...etc... would beg to differ!!!

With Biggin Hill getting more and more business traffic and GNSS approaches in the pipeline then I would suggest that Kenley's long term future is far from secure? As common land means it is almost worthless for the MoD to flog, but the local council may exert pressure to open up its use for more than a select few that it currently has. So whilst I admire your optimism, I am not so sure that Kenley will remain in years to come. I really hope my pessimism is wrong.

As for other stations when are the rumours on Swanton Morley and South Cerney going to be firmed up? What I find extraordinary is that we are supposed to be 'regionalising' our Air Cadet gliding when Little Rissington and South Cerney are a spitting distance apart - great if you live in Swindon, Oxford or Cheltenham but no good if you live in Wales, Northern Ireland or the Scottish Highlands. Seems that the mismanagement continues to grip this sad state of affairs...